The Happy Rose Gardening tips
Here are some healthy organic gardening tips from the Happy Rose!
- Do not throw away soapsuds and ashes – they come in handy as they are both good as manure for the young plants and bushes in your garden.
- To get rid of greenflies that sprout up underneath leaves and young shoots, spray the whole plant twice a week with a weak solution of soap=flakes. Also grow garlic among the plants that attract greenflies and keep cutting the shoots when the garlic starts sprouting.
- To get rid of red spider mites which cause leaves to turn yellow brown and brittle, spray the plant with water, which is their strongest enemy!
- When you plant potatoes, cut them in two, to get more of them. Ensure that each half has healthy shoots, and each half will give you a brand new potato! Imagine the number of potato chips or salads you can enjoy!
- Marigold petals can be used instead of saffron to colour food. They also have a light, delicate flavor. The petals can be used fresh or dried in soupls, salads, fried rice, curries etc.
- If you want to get rid of a mole visiting the garden drop a few mothballs in the molehill and it will soon depart.
Pics and text: Daksha