If you have an army of rose plants in your garden you might like to try making this easy rose potpourri!
- Three cups dried rosebuds.
- half teaspoon dry mint leaves.
- half teaspoon coarse ground cloves.
- half teaspoon coarse ground cinnamon.
- half teaspoon coarse ground allspice.
- one and a half teaspoon ground orrisroot
- 3 drops oil of roses
Combine the rosebuds, mint, and spices in a bowl. Mix in the orrisroot powder and the oil of roses. Seal tight and set to cure in a warm, dry dark place for six weeks. Shake gently every day. Transfer to small attractive containers, or to a single large bowl with a lid. It must be kept covered always, and the lid removed and the contents stirred up just before you want to scent a room.Leave off the lid while using the room, then re-cover the potpourri at once.
From: Potpourris and Other Fragrant Delights. Jacqueline Heriteau.