Five Green-Hot tips and stop buying bottled water!
- Make a vow to stop buying bottled water – Now.Boil water and drink it. It is safer, cheaper than store bought bottled water.
- Buy yourself a metal water bottle.
- Buy a water filter pitcher and keep two in the fridge at all times.
- Consider a water filter system for your home.
- Conserve water every day. Fill up a jug or a mug with exactly as much as you can finish drinking.
Remember that only 20 per cent of plastic water bottles ever get recycled. The rest end up as garbage or litter, and water bottles buried in landfills can take up to a thousand years to break down.
Filtering is the better and cheaper alternative.
From: Green Goes with Everything: Simple Steps to a healthier life and a cleaner planet. By Sloan Barnett.