We got the breakfast recipes for slimming. Now here are the lunch recipes from Prevention’s Guide to 50 super healing foods. You can choose any one of them for your lunch!
- Tuna pita pocket sandwich with lettuce and tomato slices; ginger snaps 2.
- Large salad with 3 to 4 tbls. creamy dressing (recipe given) pinto or navy beans, cooked and chilled. half cup (in spiced vinegar or over the salad) orange. How to make the cool creamy dressing: one cup low-fat cottage cheese, one fourth cup slim milk. one tablespoon lemon juice, half teaspoon Dijon mustard. one clove garlic, minced, one tablespoon minced parsley, one tablespoon minced fresh basil (or half teaspoon dried). In a blender or food processor, puree the cottage cheese, milk, lemon juice, mustard and garlic until smooth. Transfer to a bowl. Stir in the parsley and basil (you can change this herb for another of your choice). If too thick, thin with skim milk or non fat yoghurt.
- Cold pasta salad with light vinaigrette (or oil free Italian dressing) tangerine.
- Chicken pita pocket with tomato and lettuce, celery, 3 stalks, plums, 2 (or large prunes, 2).
- Three-bean salad made with kidney beans, green beans, an wax beans, one and a half cups; carrot, raw; pear, Bartlett or d’Anjou.
- Yoghurt, plain, 8 oz, with either one-half banana, half cup blueberries, 10 cherries, half cup orange slices, half cup peach slices, three fourth cup raspberries, one cup strawberries or 1 tangerine; gingersnaps, 3.
- Turkey breast (3 deli slices) on whole wheat with lettuce and 1 tbsp. all fruit-spread; peach.