The nibbler’s weight loss menu!
Could one really lose weight just by nibbling tasty foods? I found this tiny booklet at a second hand book fair and brought it home to read. It is the Prevention’s Guide to 50 super healing foods in which there is a chapter telling us how to lose weight just by nibbling smartly! It is also crammed with very useful information for learning about all the healthier foods to choose from, for keeping fit.
It seems worth trying out if one wants to lose weight. It tells us to nibble our way to slim with six meals a day. The writers admit that it may not help the reckless nibblers who might be tempted to just go on nibbling! But those who are dedicated to sticking to the regime, will get the help they need to slim.
The six meals a day programm consists of breakfast, lunch and dinner plus three planned snacks with plenty of variety built in for fun. There are enough tempting mealtime options to keep you nibbling for days without getting bored! They all feature the Three Essential Elements of Lose-weight nibbling!
The Nibbler’s Weight Loss Menus:
Breakfast: 1. French toast, 2 slices made with 2 egg whites, 1 yolk and minced mandarin orange (canned); peach, whole fresh (or one-half canned in its own juice.)
- Bran-type cereal, one served with skim milk; grapefruit, half; tomato juice, 8 oz; white or whole-wheat toast with 1 tsp. all fruit spread.
- Buckwheat pancakes, three 4 inch cakes made with skim milk, ‘lite’ syrup; orange.
- Instant oatmeal, with added raisins, and cinnamon, banana, melba toast, 2 pieces with light coating of margarine.
- Bagel with 1 tsp. all fruit spread, orange juice 6 oz.
- Shredded wheat cereal, one large biscuit with half cup skim milk; banana; white or whole wheat toast with 1 tsp. all fruit spread.
- Waffles, 2, with 2 tbsp. lite syrup, tangerine, one fresh (or one third cup canned in light syrup.)
These are the seven breakfast recipes you can choose from so that you never have the same breakfast every day! But remember to have just one of these!
Next we will have several mid morning snacks to choose from!
From: Prevention’s Guide to 50 super healing foods.